Century batteries Western Australia
What do you need to know about Century Batteries?
Established in 1928, Century Batteries are designed and manufactured in Australia to deliver the highest level of battery performance and dependability. Century Batteries is a division of Century Yuasa Batteries Pty Ltd and an affiliate of the GS Yuasa Corporation.
These iconic blue and yellow batteries are the result of more than 90 years of Australian development and refinement. They deliver exceptional corrosion resistance, superior starting power, longer life and the ability to meet the demands of today’s modern cars.
Century batteries components
- Rotary plates. They offer greater durability, resistance to corrosion, and reduced material shedding. These rotary plates promote higher CCA and improved vibration resistance due to their lower internal resistance. Cold Cranking Amps (CCA) is a rating used in the battery industry to define a battery's ability to crank an engine in cold temperatures.
- Enhanced plate paste. It improves cycle life and performance by increasing charge acceptance and lowering water loss.
- Separators. They improve puncture resistance and durability.
- Flame arrestor. It protects the battery from an explosion.
- Mud rack. It improves plate support, vibration resistance, and isolates paste deposits to avoid short circuits.
- Polypropylene case. Due to its reinforced design, it offers durability to withstand shock and vibration.
- Carry handle. It provides improved comfort and uses a fully constrained safety design with pivot pin mould.
- State of charge indicator. For on-the-spot diagnosis of battery condition.
- Cast-on strap. A thicker cast-on strap ensures durability and lowers electrical resistance to promote longer life.
- Labyrinth lid technology. It provides spill-proof protection up to 90°, and reduces water loss.
Maintenance tips for your Century car batteries
To maximise your car’s Century battery life, it’s important to perform regular inspections and testing.
Century recommends routine maintenance at least once a month for optimal performance.
The following is a guide you can use when examining your Century car battery:
- Check the state of charge, which will give you a diagnosis of the battery condition.
- Make sure the battery is clean, dry, and free of dirt and grime.
- Check terminals, clamps, screws, and cables for damage, breakage, or loose connections.
- For additional protection, coat posts and cable connections with a thin layer of high-temperature grease.
- Inspect the battery case for any signs of warpage or damage, which typically indicates the battery has been overcharged or overheated.
If you are unsure whether you need to replace your Century battery, call our team at Tyrepower. Our free battery test will confirm whether it needs to be replaced. We’ll be happy to provide you with expert advice on what the best option is for your car.
How long do Century batteries last?
Have you wondered how long your Century battery will last? Most automotive batteries typically last between 5 and 10 years, but depending on a number of factors, this figure could be more or less. These factors include:
- Whether the battery and the car have been well maintained.
- The weather and conditions in which the car is driven.
- Whether the battery has been installed properly or not.
- The length of the journeys and the vehicle’s usage.
- The voltage at which the battery is usually kept.
- The condition of the rest of the vehicle's electrical system, such as the alternator
Generally, batteries are expected to have a shorter lifespan when fitted in poorly maintained cars that have been driven on short journeys or in hot climates. Hot weather creates higher temperatures under the hood. This accelerates corrosion inside the battery and can cause water to evaporate out of the battery’s liquid electrolyte.
On the other hand, it’s expected that a battery has a longer life in milder climates and when it's fitted in vehicles that have received regular maintenance and have been driven further.
At Tyrepower, we recommend getting your battery inspected annually, once they reach 5 years of age, or whenever you’re preparing your vehicle for an extended road trip.
Where to get Century batteries?
At Tyrepower, we stock a wide range of Century car batteries, in addition to many other tyre and wheel brands. If we don’t have the one you need in stock, we can typically source it within an hour or two. We also have every tool required to quickly and seamlessly replace your battery.
For further assistance, call one of our Tyrepower stores located across Western Australia or simply call (08) 9345 2977 and one of our friendly assistants will help you with your queries.